Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Preparing for Mulholland

Since my last post, I got over the bug I had and went for a mini-camp in the Bay Area with my buddy Reuben. I did Mt. Hamilton in San Jose in the first day, then met up with Reuben for Mt. Tam and Sonoma on days two and three. Totals for that weekend were 126mi/11,000ft elevation gain.

The next week I was on vacation, and though Johanna and I brought our bikes, we didn't do as much riding as I had hoped. Still, it was a great, active week of hiking and cycling, and a much-needed change of pace.

This last weekend, I previewed the Breathless Agony route by tackling Oak Glen and Part of Angelus Oaks. Day two was I cold, epic ride up Latigo/Mulholland/Stunt in the Santa Monica Mountains. Total mileage for the weekend was 77mi/9,000ft elevation gain.

Now I'm tapering into this weekend; just a couple more easy rides in Santa Barbara. Getting excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment